Today marks the first day for my journey to a Better Me. Thanks to a vision of Lyle Johnson who started and designed the program Get Fit for Christ I am getting a chance to be renewed. Through Lyle’s willingness to listen to Gods calling I am able to accomplish my goal of re-establishing a relationship with Christ while tackling my giant that’s defeated me for far too long—weight loss. I, along with several other brave individuals have accepted the call to Get Fit for Christ in which we’re undergoing our 40 day & 40 night makeover.
So, how was day 1 you ask…well let’s say I didn’t do as well as I liked but I’m not as bad as I’ve been. Unfortunately, I only ate 2 meals today (and I think our goal is 6 small meals). For breakfast, I ate a bowl of raisin bran cereal. I missed lunch but had 5 bite size chocolate chip cookies for a snack which I 1 serving size but still HORRIBLE—it won’t happen again (funny thing is I’ve felt horrible since the moment I indulged) and for dinner I had a pack of ramen noodles and a hot dog (again poor choice).
You’re probably thinking, why be so honest…the truth of the matter is I’ve lied to myself for far too long and I only was cheating myself. If I want to make serious change, I have to be real. I know that tomorrow my meals will probably begin with a bowl of cereal but definitely won’t be a replica of today’s menu.
This is all new to me but one thing is for certain, I accepted the challenge & Cierra doesn’t do anything halfway! No time to be lukewarm.
With that said, I did complete the readings for this evening. Finally, I did something right huh? Lol But really it left me feeling empowered and ready for happiness in my world. One passage in particular really stayed with me and even as I write, I still reflect on its message— John 4:13-14. I’m ready to not long or be thirsty but rather be insured that fulfilling Gods purpose here on earth will bring me eternal life. Its reassuring, knowing that while attempting to lose weight I also am growing closer to Christ. I challenge you to believe in the one who was sent by the father, so that he who believes shall not parish but have everlasting life. In the words of Marvin Sapp— I never would have made it, without you!
~Beauty Undefined~
No comments:
Post a Comment